I wanted to wish all my friends and fellow bloggers a happy new year! New years are about new beginnings and every year I usually have a list of resolutions I’ll try to keep.
I liked the idea of maybe blogging/writing out my new year’s resolution. At least that way I won’t be tempted to break them! eek! And I can use you, my readers, to hold me responsible!
1. I resolve to not buy any more shoes, jewelry, clothes, etc. from now until November 2012. This is going to be really hard for me. I think I can only break this rule if I sell some of my current possessions and use that cash to buy new things. I am not allowed to spend any of my paycheck on new stuff though!
2. I resolve to wear all the shoes and clothes that I already have. Whatever doesn’t get worn in the next year gets donated.
3. I resolve to save lots of money (and reign in my spending) in a savings account where I can’t easily access it! This money is mainly for our travel fund since I will be going to Miami in March and possibly other trips in 2012.
4. I resolve to continue on my low carb diet and to continue weight loss!
5. I resolve to try and exercise and/or work out at least a wee bit!
6. I resolve to try and donate or volunteer more!
7. I resolve to cross more things off my bucket list, including traveling… SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS! Life is too short and I think everyone should enjoy themselves when and if they can!
8. And last but not least… be a better friend, wife, daughter, sister… etc. I think if you’re not learning and growing in life, then you’re losing out on an opportunity. I love my family, friends, and hubby and I want to be the best person I can be!
Whew that was a lot, I really hope I can keep these resolutions… Wish me luck!
What about you? Any resolutions/wishes/etc. for the new year? I’d love for you to share them with me!