I wanted to do a post that’s a little different than usual. Some tough days at work got me thinking…what makes you happy? I’m going to write about a few of the things that make ME happy but the point here is to get all my readers to chime in. So here goes.
Things that make me happy (in no particular order):
- Going for a walk downtown. I love the way urban architecture looks, and I love nothing more than exploring any city’s downtown area on foot.
- Eating good food! This is definitely me. I am obsessed with food (mostly protein b/c of the low carb diet thing). I love to read about different recipes, cook, shop for ingredients, and I love sharing the whole experience with friends and family.
- Pets. I love animals, mostly cats. I always feel good when I get home from a tough day at work and my sweet cat is greeting me at the door. I’m sitting on my couch right now with Laffy the cat sleeping next to me. Pets always brighten my day.
- Friends. Need I say more? There is nothing better than a good friend listening to you when you’ve had a rough day. I love my friends!
- Family. Feeling loved and needed is a great thing. And family is good at making you feel like you’re loved no matter what. We may disagree and fight on occasion but I love my family.
- Hubby/Significant Other. My hubby keeps me sane. He is the yin to my yang and I thank him for that. He also makes me feel loved no matter what and is a strong shoulder for me to lean on when I need it.
- Relaxing. I love the feeling of doing NOTHING. Sitting on the couch and watching TV or sitting on the back deck and reading a book. No plans & no responsibilities, even for a short time, is divine.
- Travel. I love exploring new places and new foods. Just the anticipation of a trip is enough to send me over the moon. I love to travel!
- Shopping. OK, so this is ‘happy trigger’ isn’t so good. But I can’t help it, I love to shop. It doesn’t have to involve a lot of time or money. I love thrift shopping and window shopping.
Alright, enough from me. What are some things that make YOU happy? Please do share!