The lovely Antoinette at A Flower For Athena Blog nominated me for a Liebster blog award! I am excited and honored to accept this little blog award! This is the second time I’ve been nominated for the Libester (the first time was October 2011) but this time it’s different. Here’s how it works…
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
- Pose eleven new questions to your bloggers
Then post the Liebster award badge to your blog, notify your nominees and link them to the post. As well as linking in the person who nominated you. Click HERE for instructions on how to get the badge on your blog. Thank You Antoinette for putting together this how-to!
Eleven Facts about me
1. I’m Egyptian but I’ve been living in North Carolina for 19 years. I also have Canadian citizenship. I speak Arabic, French, and English. But the only language I feel very comfortable with is English. I get mistaken for being Latina all the time. It’s quite hilarious.
2. I have crazy hair. It’s wild, curly, frizzy, unruly. If I don’t take care of it, I get dreadlocks.
3. I have a very weird, sarcastic, and trolly sense of humor. My mom doesn’t get it and think I’m mean. But I can be mean too ;-P
4. I’m married to the love of my life. We’ve been together almost 7 years. We have 2 cats, no kids.
5. I love music. Growing up I played clarinet and tried my hand at piano and flute. In college I played in jazz band and orchestra. I’ve liked electronic music since my youth and I still listen to it now, mostly house, trip hop (the classics), and progressive with some pop-dance and trance.
6. I have weird, double jointed shoulders.
7. I don’t really like going outside much here in NC because I hate the humidity and bugs. I also don’t really like the cold. I’m a diva.
8. For the past 5 years I have worked at the same company. We sell adult products. I see nudity (photos not actual people) and raunchiness on a daily basis. It doesn’t bother me one bit! I didn’t see myself working in this field but marketing suits me. I have a BA in sociology so it’s not like I could have gotten a job in that field anyway ;-P
9. I am very lazy. I like to sit on the couch and watch TV and do nothing.
10. Over the past couple of years, I’ve made a lifestyle change. My husband and I stopped eating so many carbs and started working out more and we lost a lot of weight and toned up. I am finally starting to regain my self confidence and self esteem!
11. I have terrible skin all over my body with the exception of my face. I guess I should consider myself lucky 🙂
1. What made you want to start your blog?
I wanted to share and discuss my personal style and fashion journey and I was pretty sure my husband got tired of me trying to talk to him about it. He encouraged me to start blogging.
2. If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
housecat! sleep all day, warm, stay indoors, steady food supply.
3. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
probably my Valentino dress that I got at TJ maxx for ~$79 and my Melissa + Vivienne Westwood cherry heels. Check them out here.
4. If there was a fire and you could only grab one thing what would it be?
if it’s a live being, then my husband and my cats. If it’s a thing, then my family photos. those are irreplaceable. everything else is.
5. What is one thing you have always wanted to do but have been too afraid to try?
DJing! I had aspirations of trying but I suck it at and am too scared to practice more.
6. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
inconsiderate people and all the stupid crap that comes with the territory.
7. What is your dream career?
Women’s apparel or footwear buyer.
8. What is your all time favorite book?
100 years of solitude
9. What is one picture that inspires you? Post it in your answer.
What can I say… I love animals, especially cats. People that are kind to animals have a special place in my heart.
10. What is your favorite thing to cook? Share the recipe with us PLEASE!! : P
There are too many to pick from!! home made pasta with butter, Parmesan, garlic, and parsley?! I never get to have this, so it’s definitely a special treat.
11. Who is your style icon?
Michelle Obama. I love her style! and her bangs!
My Nominees (sorry. couldn’t pick just 11):
LYCLY – Love Your Clothes Love Yourself
Marci @ Like a Small Fire
Lady Kate @ Into the Stratosphere
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite pair of shoes?
- What perfume/scent do you wear (if any)?
- Do you like vintage or modern style? Explain.
- What is your favorite piece of furniture and why.
- Do you collect something? What is it?
- Favorite things? Least favorite things? Use your imagination.
- What is once piece of advice you’d like to give to your readers? It can be about anything.
- Thinking about how and when you grew up, where do you think your style inspiration came from?
- If you could do anything crazy for 1 day and be assured that nothing harmful could happen, what would it be?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? in 10 years?
- What is your best asset? could be physical or not.
Now it’s your turn to pass on the love to your nominees! Let me know if you have any questions!