Over the past, I dunno, YEAR, I’ve received many blog awards from fellow bloggy friends, for which I am immensely grateful. I’ve been lazy and have never gotten to really acknowledge receiving them nor have I blogged about the most recent ones. Each award had a different set of rules on how to nominate your next set of recipients, questions to answer, etc. I’ve decided to just list the bloggers that have bestowed these honors upon me, along with some facts about me (in case you’re curious).
Thank you to the following ladies, for your generosity and kindness:
Best Moment Award – Nominated by Low Rise High Hopes
Seed of Light Award – Nominated by Jocellyn
Versatile Blogger Award – Nominated by Jade
Super Sweet Blogging Award – Nominated by Antionette
Semper Fidelis Award – also Antionette
Sunshine Award – Nominated by Angie
Do me a favor and go check out these blogs 🙂
10 Facts About Me:
Just in case the “About me” section of my blog is lacking in details, I thought I’d share some little tidbits about me.
1. I’m madly in love with my husband Wesley. He takes all my blog photos. He’s so patient and kind and understands me better then most people. We’ve been married for 4 years and together for 7.5 years.
2. I love animals, cats most of all. When I see posts on facebook, instagram, etc. urging people to adopt animals that are about to be euthanized, I sob uncontrollably. I do donate money to rescues and no kill shelters but I wish I could save all the cats (and all the other animals too). I have 2 cats and I treat them like babies.
3. I never knew what I wanted to do with my life: lawyer maybe? Nurse maybe? Optician maybe? I started working for a company 2 months after I graduated from college with a sociology degree. I still work for the same company (almost 6 years now). I’ve done a lot of things at the company from frond desk/receptionist to assistant site merchandiser to buyer to email marketing coordinator (which is what I do now).
4. I have a dry, sarcastic, and snarky sense of humor. I can offend people. I can also make people laugh. But I’m also very silly.
5. I LOVE good food, love to eat, love to go out to restaurants, you get the idea. We live in Durham, NC and there’s so much good food here. We’re so lucky!
6. I am moody. I have tried to change this, and failed. Oh well.
7. I love to shop. Good thing I have channeled this issue into thrifting, otherwise I’d be way broke.
8. I have known my best friend Sarah for 27 years. Our moms were best friends. Her mom passed away several years ago. We miss her every day. PS. please don’t smoke cigarettes.
9. I have terrible skin problems. You can’t tell because my face is OK but my skin is angry. I have so many creams and prescriptions it’s not even funny. I’ve had most of my skin problems since childhood. I did luck out though – I don’t have psoriasis or severe eczema.
10. I’m terrible at sports. HORRIBLE. I have no hand/eye coordination and visual/spacial coordination is pretty lackluster. I do like to dance but I don’t care for playing sports and exercising. I’d rather go on a walk or sit and watch TV 🙂
10a. I couldn’t leave this out out because it’s such a big part of my life: I am obsessed with music and consider myself a connoisseur, specifically electronic music (trip hop, downtempo, house, trance, progressive).
Well, that’s it about me. I just want to thank all the nominators and…If you’re reading this post, thank YOU! I’ve made some amazing bloggy friends during this blogging journey and I appreciate each and every one of you! Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, thanks for being my friends.