So December’s budget was a huge DISASTER. My goal for December was to spend $50-ish and focus my monies on Xmas gifts. What ended up happening was the oxfords that I’d been lusting after went on sale, then I continued to go thrift shopping even though I knew I shouldn’t. My mom also bought me a good number of thrifted items, so that was nice.
Items thrifted unless otherwise stated.
1. Holly Aiken vinyl tote bag, $5 … buy HERE (by the way, these are made in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA!)
2. Rockport oxford shoes ($83 during cyber monday sale on shoebuy.com – 14 from ebates = $69)
3. Coach light blue wristlet, $10
4. Coach mini wallet, $5
5. Coach full size wallet, $25
6. Hue burgundy tights, $6 tjmaxx
7. Black lands end sweater, $4.59
8. Oversized black and white striped sweater, $4.59
9. Vintage Coach bucket bag, $16
10. J. Crew striped cardigan, $4.59
11. cobalt blue Symantiks jacket, $4.59
12. Gold tassel necklace, $15 groopdealz
13. glass ring, $2
14. Black and gold Talbots skirt, thrifted gift from mom
15. Tacky Christmas sweater w/ manger scene, $4.59
16. Black old navy dress, $2.50
17. Mossimo sweater, thrifted gift from mom
18. Ann Taylor sequined cardigan, thrifted gift from mom
19. J Jill open cardigan, thrifted gift from mom
20. Eddie Bauer navy sweater vest, thrifted gift from mom
21. ANA floral blouse, thrifted gift from mom
22. J crew teal cardigan, thrifted gift from mom
23. J crew pale pink tee, thrifted gift from mom
Rafaella teal blazer, $4.59
Rafaella floral blazer, $3
Halogen grey silk blouse, $4
Nine West sand colored long jacket, $7
Tartan/plaid faux cashmere scarf, $2
Lilly Pulitzer skirt, $3.59
Talbots floral skirt, $3.59
Hue + kensie socks, $7.50 marshalls
Levis jeans, $3.59
Gray oversized lands end sweater, $4.59
Eileen Fisher black pants, $7.50
=$230 – ohh wow. that’s a shocker. I did get a LOT of nice things, including a Coach bag and 3 Coach wallets, but still…WAY over budget. And the bad thing is my birthday is coming up and i KNOW I’ll want to “treat myself” to stuff so I doubt I’ll be able to keep my $100 budget for January…But I sure will try.
How did YOU do this month?
Don’t forget to check out Franish’s Budgeting Bloggers Linkup!