This is a post that I’ve been thinking about for quite some time. I started by pondering branding and brand identity. Then I asked myself “what is my blog about?” and from that I came up with my fashion philosophy.
1. you don’t have to be tall to look smashing.
2. you don’t have to be skinny to look chic (all bodies are beautiful).
3. you don’t have to be rich to dress well.
4. you don’t have to be young to pull off modern looks.
5. There’s nothing wrong with mixing the old with the new.
6. the only fashion rule is ~ “as long as it fits and makes you feel good”
7. there’s no such thing as being overdressed.
8. if you feel good on the outside, you can begin to feel good on the inside.
9. Be passionate but don’t take it too seriously! Fashion is meant to be fun and funny.
10. It’s OK to push your fashion boundaries and limits or to stick with your fashion comfort.
11. Quality over quantity.
12. It’s OK to borrow ideas and inspirations from others.
I think that’s the point of a fashion blog. To be able to have that dialogue.
What about you, friends? What is your fashion philosophy?
Top: Michael Stars, thrifted $3.39
Belt: thrifted, $1.39
Skirt: Eileen Fisher, thrifted $3.39
Boots: Cole Haan, hand me downs