As expected, January was a month where I went a little crazy. I mean, it was my 30th birthday month, I had my arm surgery and 2 weeks off work (so lots of thrifting to avoid boredom), etcetera etcetera…
All excuses aside, I think I got some cute things:
All items thrifted unless otherwise stated:
1. Talbots Black and white full skirt $3.39
2. Yellow maxi dress $5
3. Gap maxi dress $4.59
4. Etcetera blouse $4
5. Denim dress $4.59
6. Caslon striped sweater $4
7. Talbot’s striped sweater $6
8. Black polka dot shirt $3.39
9. Dooney & Bourke vintage blue crossbody purse $24, Poshmark
10. Supermaggie elephant pullover $50 (birthday gift to myself), local boutique
11. Daniel rain print blouse $1.50
12. Cole haan flats $4
13. UNC fleece house slipper boots $2
14. Olive & Oak blouse $3.39
15. Dooney & Bourke Alto Double Gusset Red Leather briefcase $50 (birthday gift to myself)
16. Jones New York leopard print tee $4
17. Pink and orange polka dot button down $4
18. Red polka dot shirt $3.39
19. Knitted scarf $6
20. Patagonia fleece $3
21. Mountain hardware hat $6
22. Clarks originals Mary Jane flats $10
23. LL Bean fleece jacket $6
24. Etcetera tweed and leather trim blazer $4
25. Knitted flower beanie $8
26. Levis jeans $4
27. Lands End lemon lime dress $4.59
1. Suzi Shin for Maggie boutique dress $5
2. Lands’ End coat from ThredUp $17
3. Returning Thredup stuff $15 (sad – this makes me think I won’t be shopping at ThredUp as much; they got rid of their free shipping option)
4. Lafayette148 button down shirt $4
5. Nixon Kensington watch $15 from Piperlime [worn HERE]
6. Ralph Lauren sweatpants $3.50
7. Gap sweatpants $1
9. Talbots slacks $2.50
TOTAL = $295.83 – YIKES!!!!! that is insane. I went WAY over my budget of $100. But I DID sell some stuff on ebay and I have some birthday and Christmas money left over – we’ll see how I do next month =/
Now it’s your turn to spill the beans! How did you do this month??
As usual, I’m linking up with Franish!
Hi friends! Happy Monday! Today’s post I’m showcasing two of my birthday gifts (that I gave myself because I’m a diva like that and I like to treat myself) AND mixing fun prints.
I found this lovely Dooney & Bourke briefcase from the Alto collection at a strange, large thrift store in Winston-Salem. It was a bit more than what I wanted to spend but as a bag aficionado, I couldn’t part with it.
The Nixon Kensington watch was a little treat to myself from Piperlime. I had gift cards plus a birthday coupon so I got it for $15. Sad to hear though, that Gap Inc is closing Piperlime in April. I had no idea that the store wasn’t performing well. Anyway, I’m loving the sleek watch and am loving its larger size.
Well I hope you’re having a great day and I hope you like my silly outfit!
Top: Daniel Rainn, thrifted $1.50
Skirt: Etcetera, thirfted $3.39
Necklace: Tiffany & Co, gift
Shoes: Clarks Originals, thrifted $10
Bag: Dooney & Bourke Alto double gusset briefcase in red, thrifted $50
Watch: Nixon Kensington, Piperlime $15 after gift certificates and coupon
Bracelet: Jewelmint, old
Hi friends! Happy Wednesday. I’m finally back to blogging more (hopefully). A lot has happened in the past few weeks:
1. I had my arm procedure and 2 subsequent weeks off work (it was nice to get a chance to relax)
2. I turned 30. WOW, I can’t believe that time has come. I’m feeling somewhat bummed but somewhat excited. It’s a strange feeling.
3. I returned back to work, although part time for a few weeks (doctor’s orders!).
4. I did A LOT of thrifting with my mother-in-law during my off time, because not being able to drive and being home alone is boring! So of course my January budget has been blown.
5. I finished reading a book!!!! I had hoped to read 3 but actually finishing one is good; I’m a habitual non-book-finisher. BTW the book I read is Laura Shapiro’s Something From The Oven: Reinventing Dinner in 1950s America. It’s quite good!
Ok, now let’s discuss the good stuff, my workwear Wednesday outfit:
I hope you liked it! What are you wearing this Wednesday?
Top: New Directions chevron tunic, thrifted $3.39
Jacket: DG by Diane Gilman olive green jacket, thrifted $4.59
Jeans: NYDJ jeggings, Marshalls $30
Shoes: MIA grey wedge boots, thrifted $9
Necklace: Jane.com, $12?
Scarf: leopard print, thrifted $1.39
Hi friends and happy Wednesday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. I’ve had a nice week – yesterday I had a minor procedure for elbow tendinitis. I’ve got 2 weeks off work to recover:) I’ll be taking it easy with blogging and life in general (as if I don’t do that anyway).
Here’s a picture hubby took of me last week. I sometimes think I attended a private school in a past life because I find myself wearing uniform-esque outfits and feeling quite comfortable 😉
Thanks for joining me for another #WorkwearWednesday and don’t forget to visit Justine at The Thrifty Girl’s Guide for her Workwear Wednesday post!
Top: J. Crew polka dot chambray shirt (men’s), thrifted $3.39
Sweater: Old Navy, thrifted $3.39
Skirt: Simply Vera, consignment $0 (used credit)
Shoes: Sanita clogs, thrifted $3.39
Necklace: Groopdealz, ~$10
Bag: Natasha Durham Rough and Tumble waxed canvas & leather 1909 messenger bag (I used my consignment earnings to pay for this bag cause it’s expensive! but I love it!).