Wow, I can’t believe it’s August already, y’all. Time to confess: July was a big shopping month for me. I really needed a new tote to haul all my work stuff and laptop, and I needed a pair of casual sneaker type shoes for the weekends. And then I ended up with a few other things, oops.
Here’s what I got this month:
- Durham Bulls jersey tank, $30
- Rough and Tumble tote, $50 [available here]
- Rockport Rock On Air Comfort Slip-On Flat, $52 from Amazon [still available]
- Talbots lemon print tee, thrifted $1.49
- Turquoise tunic tank, gift from my mom
- Grey tunic, from local boutique $26
- New York & Company black and white jumpsuit, $20 from Clothes Mentor
- Michael Michael Kors tank, thrifted $1.49
- Moschino I love 70s watch, thrifted $1.99 [sadly it doesn’t keep time, even after a new battery]
- Cable necklace/bracelet, thrifted $3.00
- Turquoise & metal bracelet, used consignment credit
- Magnifier necklace, thrifted $5.00
- Vintage whistle necklace, thrifted $4.00
- Vintage turquoise & sterling silver necklace, vintage jewelry store $40
-$106 from blog income
TOTAL = $127.47
Well, I guess considering, I didn’t go too far off my $100 monthly budget, plus I got lots of nice items.
Now it’s YOUR turn to spill the beans…how did you do this month?
As always, I’m linking up with Franish, so you should go check her blog out if you haven’t already.
I am a big fan of jumpsuits. Why? Because you are essentially wearing a dressed-up onesie to work and that’s just fabulous. Throw on a blazer and heels and you’ll look ready to face to the world (and work).
Every Wednesday, I’ll be posting a picture of an affordable work outfit and I’ll linking up with the fabulous Justine at the Thrifty Girl’s Guide. For today’s post, she’s wearing a fab convertible dress and she looks amazing! This series is about inspiration for us working ladies that want to look sharp at work but don’t want to spend a lot!
What do you think of jumpsuits? Would you wear one to work?
Jumpsuit: New York & Company, Clothes Mentor for $20
Sandals: Sam Edelman, old
Tank: Karen Kane, ThredUp
Arm party: Nixon watch, thrifted bracelets
Hi friends! I’m trying to get back in the habit of posting a weekly outfit post that I call Workwear Wednesday, with the help of my good friend and fellow blogger Justine of The Thrifty Girl’s Guide.
A little background info: I work at a small-ish tech company that is extremely casual (as I’ve noticed of newer companies – they never have a dress code) so it’s often difficult for me to get dressed up for work all the time when everyone else is wearing jeans and tees. I do have a lot of more formal office clothes though, so I’m taking the weekly Workwear Wednesday post as an opportunity to wear my nicer work outfits.
Here’s what I wore to work yesterday:
Check out Justine’s #WorkwearWednesday outfit 🙂
Top: Michael Michael Kors navy tank top, thrifted $3.39
Skirt: Talbots, thrifted $3.59
Shoes: Sofft Breeze (gift from mom)
Necklace: nautical vintage, ebay [old]
Hi friends, hope you’re having a good week so far. It’s been a busy week for me at work but a good week nonetheless.
You might know that I love anything with a cute print. So, I was extra happy and excited when I found this super cute Talbots lemon tee at Goodwill, with the tags still on!
Enjoy the rest of your week, friends 😉
Top: Talbots Lemon Bunches Bateau Neck tee, thrifted $3.39
Skirt: Rafaella, thrifted $3.59
Shoes: Sofft Breeze, gift from mom
Necklace: vintage whistle pendant, thrifted $4
Hi friends, another month, another budget post. June was another extremely busy month for me and I’ve still not been able to get back into the habit of blogging more frequently, even though I’ve wanted to. Plus, the weather’s either been unseasonably hot or rainy and humid, which doesn’t make my outfit choices very exciting or blog-worthy.
But bad weather usually makes no difference when it comes to shopping (both thrift shopping and new clothes shopping), and I’ve a few new goodies to blog about:
1. Banana Republic Twill Military vest, on sale at BR for $54
2. “Durm” Durham, NC tee, thrifted $1.49
3. Sofft Breeze sandals in anthracite, gift from mom
4. Old navy coral blazer, thrifted $5
5. Banana Republic layer-back tank, on sale at BR for $38
6. Talbots skirt, thrifted $3.59
7. Orla Kiely bag, consignment store for $15 after consignment credit and discount
8. Chameleon Clogs hand made in North Carolina, $150
9. Caslon super soft tee, thrifted $1.49
10. Born sandals, thrifted $5
11. Eileen Fisher skinnies, thirfted $3.59
12. Kut From the Cloth jeans, thrifted $5
13. ‘The Sound of Mewsic’ sleep shirt, thrifted $1.49
14. Stretchy pants, thrifted $3
15. LOFT cargo capris, thrifted $3.59
16. NY&co. floral blouse, thrifted $1.49
Not pictured: Gap yellow shirt $5, 2 cotton dresses for $2.50 each (all thrifted)
-$50 from consigning clothes
-$150 for participating in a medical device trial
TOTAL = $86.73
I suppose that wasn’t too bad, taking into account consignment credits and whatnot:)
Well, it’s now your turn to spill the beans…how did you do this month?
As always, I’m linking up with Franish.